According to my daughter, unicorns eat rainbows and poop out butterflies. I can't remember when she reached that epiphany in her storybook world, but, I'd sure like to visit when that's going down.
They grow too fast. Sometimes I think they do it right before your eyes, either that or they grow at night like my garden does. One day there are no blooms, or leaves for that matter; and then POP! Leaves. Or in this case, a need for bigger cleats. Therein lies the dilemma...the season is only so many more games. Can the toes make it? I think the answer is thinner socks.
Sports, dentist appointments, homework, and dirt bikes have replaced afternoon naps, bath time, diapers, and the search party for the missing pacifier.
However, on the other side...they both get in and out of the car on their own. They get themselves dressed (sometimes much to my dismay) shower, can get their own juice. They play with (gasp) each other!
They also fight with each other. They share, they care, they hit and spit. They hug, and they pinch and they punch. They comfort. And in that, I take great pride in what God has given them, and what He has given me. They have compassion. Well, my son at least. When I asked my daughter "Where's your brother?" her reply was very matter of fact. "I don't know, maybe something ate him."
LOVE IT!!!!
ReplyDelete